The Villaret Chapel

  • chapellesaintpierrefavre.jpg
This chapel was erected at the very place where Saint Pierre Favre was born on the 13th of April 1506, in the farm of his parents.
Its construction began in 1600, 14 years after hisdeath (1st August 1546).
He was a Savoyard Jesuit and a great friend of Ignatius of Loyola. He is also co-founder of the Society of Jesus, of which he was the first priest.
Destroyed during the revolution, the chapel was rebuilt in 1823. It was dedicated to Saint Peter, Saint Paul, Saint Bartholomew and the Eleven Thousand Virgins.
It was restored in 1982.
Blessed Pierre Favre, was beatified in 1872 by Pope Pius IX became Saint Pierre Favre, canonized by Pope Francis on 17 December 2013.
It is open every day from the beginning of May to the end of October
Opening day(s)

From 01 May to 31 October (every year)

Every day

  • Type of culturel patrimony :
    • Historic site and monument
General
  • Visites :
    • visitable

Situation map

Map

loading

Route Planner

Directions to :
Le villaret
74450
Saint-Jean-de-Sixt
GPS coordinates
Latitude : 45.931457
Longitude : 6.407483
Contact
The Villaret Chapel
Le villaret
74450
Saint-Jean-de-Sixt